I’ve had a lot to blog about recently, and I still have more posts to catch up on. But before we get too far into August — I know we’re already a third of the way through! — I do want to wrap up my July running.
- I ran 73.6 miles. I wanted to run 100 miles in July, but I got off to a lower-mileage start and with some hot days in there, I didn’t make it. I didn’t have any double-digit runs during this month.
- I ran four races. These were the Beer Mile, the All-Comers Track Meet 1600-meter race, the I Thought They Said RUM FREE 5K Fun Run and the Crystal City Twilighter 5K. Click on a race name to read the recap of that race.
- I finished my Memorial-Day-to-Fourth-of-July run streak. Check out the recap here.
- I ran in some new places. I did runs in Wilmington, Delaware, and at Lake Needwood in Montgomery County during July. I also did a run at Assateague, where I’ve run before.
- I went to a running-related book club. Stay tuned for my post on Chris Lear’s “Sub 4:00: Alan Webb and the Quest for the Fastest Mile” and the corresponding book club at the Pacers Running Navy Yard location.
- I went to the gym once. I did one spin class during July. I’ll have to try to go more often!
- I took three yoga classes and went to a yoga inversion workshop. I am definitely new to inversion, but I really enjoyed this workshop, which was hosted by Soul Yoga Studio. I recently bought some yoga blocks, which I used for the inversion I was the best at, so I hope to try that at home.
- I met my water goal 21 out of 31 days. July was my best month so far for the amount of days I hit my water goal. I’m sure the heat contributed, and I also did well with having a water bottle with me at work.
Onto the rest of August!
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.