Although I ended up logging my lowest monthly mileage total of 2016 in September, it was still a relatively eventful month. I took a look at September in my latest monthly reflection.
- I ran 73.04 miles. As noted above, this was my lowest monthly mileage total of the year, and in order to meet my goal of 1,200 miles for 2016, I’ll have to average well over 100 miles per month. I can’t have another 73-mile month.
- I only did one double-digit run. A major contributor to my lower monthly total was the fact that I only did one run in the double-digit mileage, which was the Bottle & Cork 10 Miler.
- I did four races. These were the Run, White & Blue 5K, the Mike Sterling Crab Derby 10K, the Bottle & Cork 10 Miler and the Dogfish Dash 8K. Click on a race to read more about my experience. Although my times were not crazy fast, I still felt good about my performance in these races.
- I kept up my Wednesday abs workouts. I did abs workouts for three of the four Wednesdays in September. Two of the workouts were actually on Wednesday, and the other one was on a Friday. I did miss one week, but I’m planning to do four abs workouts in October for the four Wednesdays. Maybe I’ll even do a fifth to make up for the one I missed in September. (Maybe!)
- I ran 20 #milesofshame. I do a challenge with the Delmarva Moms Run This Town members in which we pick the winning football team(s) in Monday Night Football games ahead of the start of the games. I don’t have a strategy — I just go based off of instinct — and it turns out that I picked wrong in the first four games, resulting in a total of 20 #milesofshame — five per game. Although running 5 miles is not usually a punishment for me (and it doesn’t have to all be run at once), I actually did end up doing a 7-miler at the last minute for the first week because I needed to run 10 miles and didn’t get much running in that week.
- I started riding my new bike. I blogged about this a little bit in September’s The Ultimate Coffee Date link-up. I learned to ride my road bike, which was an adjustment. I did do a five-mile ride and road it around a few places, but I’d like to work it in more as cross-training.
- I started marathon training. Although my first long run of marathon training wasn’t until the first day of October, my first official day of training for the Louisiana Marathon was Sept. 26.
Well, we’re already six days into October and I am relatively confident the mileage will be much higher than in September. Stay tuned!
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.