I do realize we are now nearly a third of the way through June, but I am still going to do my monthly wrap-up. I’ve been busy, but I’ve been relaxing and catching up for the past couple days on a nice stay-cation.
Here’s what happened in May…
- I ran 89.3 miles. While I’ve been wanting to run over 100 miles in a month this year and I haven’t reached that in 2017 yet, this was actually my second-highest monthly mileage this year. So, that’s a positive thing!
- I ran three races. I either volunteered at or ran in a race each weekend of May (one weekend I ran two races). Here are the recaps for the races I ran: eRACE the Stigma 5K, Tacky Prom 5K and St. Michaels Running Festival Half Marathon.
- I started a run streak. The latest Runner’s World Run Streak started on Memorial Day. I’ve been keeping it up with 1+ miles each day. Read more here.
- I ran in a new place. Although I’ve run in some interesting places this year, such as Ocean City and the NCR Trail, it’s been a while since I ran in a new-to-me scenic place that wasn’t a race — I did get to see new scenery in St. Michaels. Read about my run on the Talbot County side of Bill Burton Fishing Pier State Park here.
- I was in the news three times for running-related events. A 47ABC segment about eRACE the Stigma captured me running, I was on the front page of The Star-Democrat for the Tacky Prom 5K, and I was interviewed about the Run to Remember Memorial Day 5K by 47ABC.
- I did not follow through on my goal to walk to work once a week. Oops! I totally failed at this one. I walked back to work from my break one day, and another day I did a bunch of walking because I locked myself out of the house and walked to my boyfriend’s work and back, but I didn’t succeed at this one.
- I met my water goal 14/31 days. … I need to do better with this, too.
- I did some cross-training. I logged three days of yoga, a spin class and a barre class during May. That was only two gym days — I’ve already gone to the gym three times in June, so that’s a good sign.
Maybe I’ll finally make it over that 100-mile hump for 2017 in June!
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.