I’ve been busy, which is why I’m finally writing my monthly wrap-up for September on Oct. 18. It was a great month of running!
- I ran 167.74 miles. This is my highest-ever monthly mileage, a little more than a mile above my previous record, which was from this February.
- I ran four races. These were the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon, the Run, White and Blue 5K, the inaugural Pemberton 24 and the Dogfish Dash.
- I continued my marathon training. I’ve been training for the Marine Corps Marathon, which I can credit hitting my highest-mileage month to.
- I ran in some new-to-me areas. These included the Red Run Stream Valley Trail in Owings Mills and a few Richmond-area locations.
- I found $1.01 on a run. After finding City Strides, I’ve been running some new-to-me streets in Salisbury, too. I found $1.01 in change — my highest-ever on a run — when I ran in the area of the Centre at Salisbury between the Dogfish Dash and VP 5K.
- I had a busy volunteer weekend. The last weekend of September, I volunteered at both IRONMAN Maryland and the VP 5K.
- I also started another season as a Girls on the Run coach. For the second season, I’m coaching Girls on the Run with friends at the Henson Family YMCA in Salisbury.
- I went to yoga twice. Plus, there was another time that I took visiting travel writers to yoga at Bordeleau Vineyards & Winery and did a little yoga myself, then took photos. However, since Girls on the Run began, I’ve had very little time after work and haven’t made it to any classes — I miss it!
- I didn’t go to the gym. I don’t think I’ll be renewing this membership unless something drastically changes.
You’re probably thinking about October by now, but how was your September?