I’ve reached 100 miles in a month before, and last year I even averaged just more than that per month. This year, though, has been a different story: I had been finding it hard to get to that point. I finally did it in August! Here’s my running wrap-up for last month.
- I ran 100.19 miles. I knew how many miles I had to run to get 100, so I made sure it happened this month! I stayed pretty consistent throughout the month, so I didn’t have to make up a lot of miles at the end.
- I’m marathon training. I am following a long-run plan for my Richmond Marathon training. For the rest of the runs, I’m just making sure to run a few times a week (it’s tough to follow a distinct plan when I have a lot going on, but I enjoy running). The long runs definitely helped get me to that 100 goal. Weekend long runs were 10 miles, 12 miles, 8 miles and 12 miles.
- I did two races. These were the On The Bacon Trail – The Naylor Mill 7K and the Summer Cross Country 5K Series race, which were on consecutive days.
- I volunteered at the Eastern Shore Running Club’s Six on 26 Fun Run & Prediction Challenge. My boyfriend, Mike, and I hosted this fun six-miler at our house through the Eastern Shore Running Club, and I worked at the water stop. It was a fun time!
- I ran in a few different places. In addition to running by my home in Salisbury, I ran on different trails when I tested the Under Armour Horizon RTT for BibRave, I ran on the sand at Assateague Island National Seashore and I did a long run with my friend Veronica in Ocean City.
- I did a yoga challenge. Each day during August, I posted a photo on Instagram of me doing a different yoga pose for a challenge hosted by Soul Yoga Studio (two of the days were slightly after midnight). It was fun, and I also got a $31 credit to use at the studio — look for a recap on this soon!
- Other than the challenge, I went to yoga three times and took a beer yoga class. The beer yoga was awesome! It was held at Evolution Craft Brewing Company and benefited Women Supporting Women. We actually held a pint glass of beer while doing the different yoga poses.
- I went to the gym once. I only took one spin class during August. I need to get back to the gym on a more regular basis!
- I met my water goal 14 days. I did pretty well last month, so my water intake this month is disappointing. I think I’ll do better with this during September, as I’m off to a good start.
September is a busy month of running and racing for me, so stay tuned!
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.