It’s already the fifth day of August, and I’m just now wrapping up July. That’s not a bad thing, because I’ve been busy — in a good way! But anyway, here are 10 facts about my July running.
- I ran 93.81 miles. I’m still a little bit behind on where I should be for my goal of 1,200 miles, but not too far behind that I won’t be able to catch up.
- I became a Sweat Pink Ambassador. I’m looking forward to getting more involved with this group! I added the badge to my blog; check out the Fit Approach website to learn more.
- I did 20 days of 22 push-ups. I started the 22-push-ups-for-22-days challenge in July, and there were only two days in August, which means I did a lot of my push-ups in July. Read about the challenge here.
- I did two track races. I tried my hand — feet — at the 1600-meter race at two All-Comers Track Meets. Read about the first one and the second one.
- I did two other races. Not sure if the Beer Mile counts as a race, but here’s my recap on that, and I also ran the Hero 5K Free Fun Run.
- I finished the #RWRunStreak. Read about my 36 days of running in a row (which was actually 41 for me) here.
- I did better with strength. I made it a goal to do Jillian Michaels’ “6 Week Six-Pack” each Wednesday — one day a week was easier to commit to — and I did it three out of four weeks. One was on a Thursday rather than a Wednesday, but I was glad I did it three times — it was better than the amount of strength workouts I did last month.
- I finally did two miles in under 16 minutes. I made this a challenge for myself, trying the two-mile distance some last summer and this summer. But I could never seem to get under 16 minutes. I finally got 15:53 doing a loop near my house over and over on July 19. Then, I enjoyed my reward of a coffee smoothie.
- I hatched eggs and found creatures. With Pokemon Go taking over in popularity, I decided to do a Pokemon run. Read about that here.
- I ran in a few different spots. Read about my runs in Ocean City, at Trap Pond State Park and in my the town where I grew up: Hampstead.
July was a pretty eventful month when it came to my running! It will be interesting to see what August has in store.
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.