I can’t wrap up 2019 without first writing my regular monthly wrap-up for December.
- I ran 103.34 miles. I passed the 100-mile mark with my last run of the year. I haven’t been running quite as much as I’d like for marathon training so far, but I had a strong last full week of 2019.
- I ran two races. I paced the 2:30 group for the Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon and then ran my fastest half marathon of the year the following weekend at the unofficial Pemberton Half Marathon.
- I ran in various locations. While many of my runs were in the dark around the Salisbury University campus, I also had the opportunities to run in Ocean City and Rehoboth Beach, to do hill repeats on a hill in Sparks, to return to the NCR Trail and to check out new-to-me Montgomery County trails.
- I was on a running podcast. Jonathan Flores from the Run With Purpose podcast contacted me and I chatted with him for his podcast. It was fun, and I talked about how it’s important to me that our running community is inclusive for runners of all paces. Find it on various platforms, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- I went to the gym once. I did a hill workout on the treadmill, but I felt the effect much more from the outdoor hills in Sparks. However, since I don’t live near any significant hills, the treadmill may be a good future option.
- I didn’t go to yoga. But I’ve already changed that in 2020!
Stay tuned for posts on my most-read posts of 2019, my 2019 wrap-up and my 2020 goals.