August was another busy month of running! Here’s how it went…
- I ran 128.25 miles. Getting further into training for the Marine Corps Marathon meant that I ran 128.25 miles in August. This was my highest monthly total since March.
- I ran two races. These were the Naylor Mill 7K, where I represented Team Bacon, and the Mike Sterling 10K, where I dressed as if it were 1979 for the 40th annual event.
- I ran in Florida. I ran every day of my trip to New Smyrna Beach, logging 29.3 miles in six days. This continued my streak of running in at least one new-to-me place each month during 2019.
- I ran a fast 1600. I ran my fastest mile in a while on the track, at 8:16. It’s basically a mile, but not quite — although my watch logged more than a mile.
- I participated in the Cupcake Run. This was a fun event held at the Salisbury City Park to celebrate my friend Trent’s daughter’s 7th birthday. There were so many cupcakes there, and it was a lot of fun!
- I went to yoga three times. One time was in Florida, another time I tried a new-to-me class — 26 & 2, and the other time I went to my usual Monday night yoga class.
- I didn’t go to the gym at all. Oops.
It was another successful month! September has already gotten off to a good start, too.