December was COLD!! I’m sure anyone who was in this region – or north of here, where it was even colder — already knows that. Before I recap the entire year, here are some other facts about my December running.
- I ran 105.44 miles. I’m glad I made it to 100 miles in a month for the fourth month this year in December! As I’ll discuss in my year in review post, I didn’t hit my 2017 mileage goal, but I’m still happy with this.
- I ran every day in December. As part of the Runner’s World Run Streak (and the simultaneous #WeavStreak), I ran at least a mile every day in December. Stay tuned for the streak recap post!
- I ran one race. This was the Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon, which I paced. I came in at 2:29:58 for my 2:30 pacing role. I had also planned to do the Ugly Sweater Free 5K Fun Run in St. Michaels, but after it snowed a decent amount that weekend, I opted to stay home and run with friends in Salisbury — still in my fun sweater — instead.
- I did a Hanukkah running streak. I ran from one up to eight miles on the eight consecutive days/nights of Hanukkah as part of a fun challenge that I made up. Read about it here.
- I went to yoga four times. This included two Monday night classes and two Thursday night classes at Soul Yoga Studio.
- I went to the gym three times. This may not sound like a lot, but it’s actually my most since June, when I also went three times. So it’s still not a lot, but it’s good in comparison. This included two treadmill runs — which is rare for me, but I was getting tired of running in the cold (particularly the dark and cold).
- I had a little trouble with shin splints. My shin splints have come back on occasion and there was one run in December in which they were especially bad. I have since switched to a pair of new shoes and I’m hoping that will help.