June was an eventful month in my running life. Here are some fast facts about my running last month.
- I ran 92.8 miles. I was going for 100 this month, since I haven’t made it to 100 in a month yet during 2017, but even despite a late-month surge, I didn’t quite make it. This still ended up being my highest-mileage month of the year.
- I ran 59.59 miles in the second half of the month. I stepped it up with some mid-length runs (around 5 miles or so) and logged a bunch of miles in the last 15 days of June, but it didn’t make up for my shorter runs earlier in the month.
- I started adjusting to the heat. One day earlier in the month, it felt so hot during my run that I got sick later in the day. (I’m not sure if it was related, but I definitely felt affected by the heat.) By the end of the month, I was feeling more comfortable running in hotter temperatures.
- I ran at least a mile every day in June. I recently completed the Runner’s World Run Streak, which went from Memorial Day to the Fourth of July. This was my third June in a row in which I ran every day. Check for the recap of the streak soon!
- I did one race. I participated in the Running for Recovery 5 Miler. Check out my recap here.
- I ran on the treadmill for the first time in a long time. I don’t remember the last time I ran on a treadmill before June 5, but it definitely wasn’t sometime in 2017. I did two miles at a 5-percent incline, and it was tough.
- I went to the gym three times. I started out the month strong, with the treadmill day, two spin classes, and a BodyPump class on the same day as one of the spin classes (I was off that day and challenged myself with this different class). That was all near the beginning of the month.
- I went to yoga three times. I like making yoga part of my Monday routine, and I made it to the class I take at Soul Yoga Studio three out of the four Monday evenings.
- I hit my water goal 18 out of 30 days. While this my not sound overly impressive, this is the highest number of days I’ve hit my goal of 75 ounces of water/day this year. Being hydrated certainly seems to be helping with running in the heat.
- I kicked off my first giveaway! In what I hope will be the first of more to come, I launched my first giveaway, of SmellWell, in June. The giveaway has closed and a winner has been chosen, but I’ll be sure to let readers know if there is another opportunity to win a prize.
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.