Disclaimer: I received a free entry to the Crystal City Twilighter 5K as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
We’re just one month away from Pacers Running’s Crystal City Twilighter 5K, which is set for Saturday, July 22, in Arlington, Virginia. Ahead of the race, here are some fun facts.
- You have until the end of the month to save $15 on the race. It’s not your last opportunity to save, but you’ll get the lowest rate if you sign up before the end of June. We’re currently in the Early Bird discount range, which is a savings of $10 off the full adult price of $45. Plus, you can save $5 with the discount code “17cctBibRave.” With both discounts, the cost is $30.
- The race shirt is a tank top. I am so excited about this. I have been running for about 13 years, and in all the races I have completed (which is a lot), I have never received a tank top as the race shirt. Plus, I love the design!
- Have enough shirts? There are other options. Instead of a tank top, you can opt to get $10 in Pacers Store Race Bucks or donate $5 to Doorways for Women and Families (this beneficiary is an update from my previous post, but it’s certainly a worthy cause!)
- You’ll also get glow sticks, a beer ticket (21+) and photo booth photos. It sounds like it’s going to be a party! The map also includes a “DJ Stage & Dance Area.”
- You can help with the Twilighter 5K Race Mix. What song would you like to see on this playlist? Let the DJ know here. I just requested the song “Default” by Django Django. That song has a great beat and it always pumps me up!
- You can save $20 on shoes. We all need running shoes — why not save $20? Pacers Running is offering this discount for people who pick up their Crystal City Twilighter 5K packet at Pacers Clarendon by June 30. Details can be found here.
- You could win money. People have run this race SUPER fast — course records are 14:03 for male runners and 16:21 for female runners, according to the website. So, I’m planning to just have a good time and not go for any monetary awards. But you might have a chance, and there are team opportunities, too. See the different opportunities to win money here.
- The race starts at 8:30 p.m. This will be the latest I’ve ever started a race! It should be fun.
- I’m going to a Pacers Running book club the next day. Pacers Running is hosting three events as part of its Summer Runner Book Club, and I have signed up for the July and August editions ($10 each to attend). I’m excited that the July book discussion, for “Sub 4:00: Alan Webb and the Quest for the Fastest Mile” by Chris Lear, is the day after the Crystal City Twilighter 5K (I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so it’s a bit of a drive). It’s set for Sunday, July 23, at 6:30 p.m., at the Pacers Running Navy Yard location in Washington, D.C. Lear and Webb will be there, too!
Hope to see you in a month! Look for me in my bright orange BibRave shirt and Buff. This will be my first time running this race, but if you’ve participated before, review it on BibRave — there aren’t any reviews for it yet.
An earlier version of this post had a mistyped code for the race. The correct code is “17cctBibRave.”
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.