Before I get to my 2020 year in review post, I’m wrapping up my December running. As I continue to train for the Algonquin 50K, I ended the year by running my highest-mileage month of 2020.
- I ran 139.2 miles. This was more than 10-plus miles above what I ran during any other month this year. In May, my second-highest mileage month of the year, I ran 128 miles.
- I also ran my highest-mileage week of the year. It makes sense that my highest-mileage week would fall during my highest-mileage month. During the last full week of the year (Dec. 21-27, 2020 — I do Monday-Sunday for training weeks), I ran 40 miles.
- I did one race. This was the virtual TEAM 360 Reindeer Run, which was a lot of fun.
- I ran in some cool places. In addition to running in Ocean City for the Reindeer Run, I ran on new-to-me roads on Wicomico County’s Westside, on the Georgetown-Lewes Trail, on the Algonquin Cross-County Trail and at Hoopers Island.
- I celebrated the holidays with ESRC. Although we weren’t able to have our usual holiday party, a small group from the Eastern Shore Running Club got together for an ugly sweater run and Secret Santa gift exchange.
- I did one yoga class. I’d like to get more in a yoga habit, but I made it to one outdoor class on an unseasonably nice Christmas Eve.
- I tried to run one fast mile. In November, my second mile attempt was just slightly slower than my first one. I ran 8:45 at the beginning of the month and 8:49 at the end. I tried to run a faster mile in December and ended up with 8:46. I’m consistent!
Here’s to more miles, scenery and fun runs in 2021!
2 thoughts on “I closed out December with my highest-mileage month of the year”
You can do it! can’t wait to read your report on Algonquin 50K! Been eyeing this race myself…but will have to sit out this year
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! It’s a great race! I ran it in 2017 and have volunteered the past three years. Looking forward to running it again!
Comments are closed.