It’s June 30 — time for another monthly reflection. Here’s what I’ll take away from my June running.
1. I ran 92.21 miles. A solid month of running in June is helping bring me toward my goal of 1,200 miles for the year. I’m at 564.68 miles for 2015.
2. I finished my first run streak. Read all about it here.
3. I think I might be getting used to the heat. The heat is really not ideal for running, and I don’t like it especially given my history with dehydration, but during the end of the month, it did not seem to be bothering me quite as much. I’m not saying it doesn’t bother me, though.
4. I did a doughnut run on National Doughnut Day. Yum! Read about it here.
5. I didn’t do any races. I had thought about doing a couple, but plans interfered with one and predicted weather interfered with another.
6. I tried out my new shoes. I won a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 18s from #BibChat on Twitter, and have tried them out on a few runs. I’m not done with my Brooks Adrenalines, but I’ve tested them out, and I like them so far. I expect to write more on them later.