Before my annual recap, it’s time for my last monthly recap of 2021, about my December running. There were lots of fun runs during this month!
- I ran 114.46 miles. This was my seventh 100-plus-mile month in a row, which I’m happy about.
- I participated in one race — as a pacer. This was the Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon, and this was my first time pacing since that race in 2019.
- I ran my speed 1600 in 8:36. With this run, I finished my goal of running a 1600-meter run for speed at the beginning of each month in 2021.
- I ran in some different places. One was the James Farm Ecological Preserve, which I just realized I never blogged about (so, that will be coming soon). I also ran at the Algonquin Cross County Trail twice with friends as I prepare for the Algonquin 50K.
- I did some fun holiday runs. I ran the reindeer course (a course that forms a reindeer shape) twice — one as part of the large group event and one with a smaller group — and I also did the Eastern Shore Running Club’s holiday prediction run.
- I did one of ESRC’s morning runs. These aren’t just any morning runs — they are at 5 a.m.! So, it’s worth noting that I made it to one in December as well as one in late November.
- I started adding in speed work. For the past two Tuesdays, I have added on some 400-meter repeats after each group run. I also did a fartlek run and did two fast two-milers in December.
- I went to two yoga classes. I made it to two yoga classes in December.
Overall, it was a good month. Here’s to 2022!
2 thoughts on “I closed out 2021 with a successful December of running”
Nice job keeping up with fitness during December! Love all these activities.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.