Having just finished the Marine Corps Marathon, my November running started out light. It ended with a week packed full of runs as I tried to hit 100 miles for the month, which I was able to do.
- I ran 100.15 miles. I participated in fellow BibRave Pro Angie’s 100 Miles in November challenge, which included a Google sheet where people could track their miles, blog check-ins, giveaways and a supportive Facebook group. In the last six days of November, I ran 33.55 miles to make it just barely past the 100-mile mark.
- I ran two races. These were the Veterans Day 10K and the Norfolk Harbor 10K. My time started with a 57 for both. I know I have the capability to run faster if I work on it, but I’m pleased with these times. The Veterans Day 10K time was my fastest in two years.
- I ran in a couple different locations. The new-to-me one was the Wye Island Natural Resources Management Area on the Upper Shore. I also got to run with my boyfriend, Mike, in Rehoboth Beach.
- I passed my highest-ever annual mileage total. Last year, I ran 1,342.07 miles, which was my highest-ever mileage for a year (I started tracking my mileage in 2011). I passed this mark on Nov. 24.
- I started training for the Atlanta Marathon. I’m running the Atlanta Marathon on March 1! I started training, although I haven’t fully written out a plan yet.
- Girls on the Run ended for the season. I was a Girls on the Run coach for the second time this fall, and the end-of-season race for the girls was the Turkey Trot 5K at the Y, which I wasn’t able to make it to because I volunteered at the Turkey Trek 5K as I always do. However, it was a lot of fun to be part of the girls’ practice 5K, and everybody ran in the end with the last girl.
- I did a lot of yoga. I went to six classes this month because my 10-class pack at Soul Yoga Studio was nearing expiration. It was great to be able to go so much!
- I didn’t go to the gym again. That’s OK. I’ve decided not to sign up for 2020. If I’m never going to go, I should save my money!
- I did go to a strength training clinic. This was offered at VP Shoes. I ordered resistance bands and hope to start doing some exercises at home (although I haven’t yet!).
Onto the second half of the last month of the year!