April was a busy month of running for me. It included plenty of miles and three races.
- I ran 100.57 miles. A half marathon and some other long runs helped me barely pass 100 miles for April.
- I’m still on track for my 1,200 mile goal for 2016. My April mileage got me to 400 miles on the last day of the month. I’m currently at 400.89 miles for the year so far.
- I ran in three races. Read my recaps of the Run for the Animals 10K, the Zoo Stampede 5K and the OCMD Island to Island Half Marathon by clicking on the name of the race in this sentence.
- I paced a race for the first time. I was the 2:50 pacer for the OCMD Island to Island Half Marathon, and I absolutely loved it. Read more about that experience here.
- I participated in part of the Dunkin’ Donuts Marathon. You have to read it to believe it. Most people ate more doughnuts than I did, but I still had a sweet experience at this run. Read about that here.
- I did speed work three times. I’m hoping to make speed work a regular part of my training — two of these were with Midshore Multisport and another was with my friend Taylor.
- I’m still not doing strength/core training. This is something I definitely need to work on!
- I brought back my running book series. I couldn’t commit to A Running Book Per Month, so the series is back as Runner Reads. Check out the first entry here.
- I started a weekly Eastern Shore Running Club run. Now that I have a normal work schedule, I could finally commit to starting a weekly Tuesday night run from the Ben’s Red Swings parking lot. We meet at that parking lot at 6 p.m. on Tuesdays. The third run will be this coming Tuesday — join us!
Like She Runs by the Seashore on Facebook here.