Oh, February. Back to a time of normalcy for Americans. I hadn’t written my February running wrap-up yet, and it doesn’t seem right to combine February’s wrap-up with March’s, since March has been an extremely weird month as the world faces the threat of COVID-19.
I realize some countries were facing this before March, but it only really started to affect the lives of all Americans in March.
So, here’s how my February running went.
- I ran 123.15 miles. This included my last month of training for the Publix Atlanta Marathon.
- I made it to 10,000 lifetime miles. On Feb. 11, I hit the 10,000-mile mark with my running. I began tracking my annual mileage in 2011. So, I know I’ve run more than 10,000 miles, since I ran before 2011, but on Feb. 11, I hit that number with the miles I’ve tracked.
- I ran one race. This was the RRCA Club Challenge, where I had fun representing the Eastern Shore Running Club.
- I got to watch and cover the Olympic Marathon Trials. I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Atlanta and watch runners compete for spots on the U.S. Olympic Team — plus interview some of the D.C.-area participants for RunWashington. Read my recap here.
- I ran in some different places. These were the Blades trails, Snow Hill and the Sharptown bridge.
- I went to the gym three times. This didn’t quite hit my goal of four times per month, but I figured I could make it up. Now, gyms have been closed, so I don’t expect to make it up during March — but hopefully I will be able to during the rest of the year.
- I didn’t go to yoga at all. This is something else I’d like to change. Although yoga studios are also now closed, some are offering livestreams.
3 thoughts on “Here’s my late running wrap-up for February”
Hopefully you can get out there soon. I feel like being outdoors in the fresh air helps during this tough time!
Ugh, I haven’t run in over a week.
Between work being a weird situation with work from home and no one really being engaged with work. Being preoccupied with everything CV-19. Who’s got time to think about running?
I need to get out as this thing seems to be getting worse and no end in site.
I’m definitely disappointed about the current situation. I’ve been off from work most of this week, so I have gotten out there, but then my shins were bothering me, so I took off today.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.