I would consider October a successful month of running for me! Here’s my breakdown.
- I ran 94.25 miles. Particularly considering this included an entire week off of running after my marathon, I’m happy with this total mileage for the month.
- I ran my ninth marathon. I completed the Freedom’s Run Marathon on Oct. 6. I trained hard and ran my slowest marathon, but it was a tough course. Read the full recap here.
- That was the only race I ran. I had planned to run the Seaside 10 Miler on my birthday, Oct. 27, but unfortunately, it was canceled because of the weather forecast. Then, a backup race I’d chosen also got canceled. The weather turned out to be fine, and I still ran 10 miles at home.
- I ran 28 miles for my birthday week. Since I turned 28 this year, I ran 28 miles the week of my birthday, reaching that number with 10 miles on my actual birthday.
- I ran at Theodore Roosevelt Island. Check out my post here.
- I met Peter Sagal. Peter Sagal, host of NPR’s “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me,” is on a running book tour, which kicked off in Washington, D.C. on Oct. 29. I attended the tour and got my copy of his book signed. Look for more on this in a future blog post.
- I went to yoga three times. This even included one morning yoga session before work!
- I surpassed my 2017 total mileage. In 2017, I ran 1132.05 miles. At the end of October, I’d reached 1139.4 for this year — a good sign for my 2018-kilometer goal for the year, which is just more than 1,250 miles.
And November running continues!