April is now over, and it’s time to reflect on my running during the month. In April, I was mostly focused on my upcoming marathon, which I ran April 26. Continuing in my monthly tradition, here are five facts about my running.
1. I ran 93.5 miles. I came in a little short of 100 miles for the month, likely because I only had two really long runs — my marathon and a 20-miler earlier in the month — and because I’ve been resting after the marathon.
2. I’m less than two miles away from 400. I have a goal of running 1,200 miles this year, and I’m still very much on track. My current total is 398.66, which means my next run will almost certainly put me over that milestone.
3. I ran a marathon. Not just any marathon, but the beautiful Big Sur International Marathon. Read about it here.
4. I ran a half marathon. I really enjoyed the Run for the Animals and hope to be back next year. Read about that race here.
5. My times have not been as fast as usual. This year, I have run my slowest 10-miler at a race, slowest half marathon race finish and slowest marathon. It doesn’t bother me too much, as there were different factors at each race — particularly the very tough marathon — and I can’t get my best time at every race. But I’m hoping to bring in some more speed later in the year.