Before I get to my 2020 year in review post, I’m wrapping up my December running. As I continue to train for the Algonquin 50K, I ended the year by running my highest-mileage month of 2020.
- I ran 139.2 miles. This was more than 10-plus miles above what I ran during any other month this year. In May, my second-highest mileage month of the year, I ran 128 miles.
- I also ran my highest-mileage week of the year. It makes sense that my highest-mileage week would fall during my highest-mileage month. During the last full week of the year (Dec. 21-27, 2020 — I do Monday-Sunday for training weeks), I ran 40 miles.
- I did one race. This was the virtual TEAM 360 Reindeer Run, which was a lot of fun.
- I ran in some cool places. In addition to running in Ocean City for the Reindeer Run, I ran on new-to-me roads on Wicomico County’s Westside, on the Georgetown-Lewes Trail, on the Algonquin Cross-County Trail and at Hoopers Island.
- I celebrated the holidays with ESRC. Although we weren’t able to have our usual holiday party, a small group from the Eastern Shore Running Club got together for an ugly sweater run and Secret Santa gift exchange.
- I did one yoga class. I’d like to get more in a yoga habit, but I made it to one outdoor class on an unseasonably nice Christmas Eve.
- I tried to run one fast mile. In November, my second mile attempt was just slightly slower than my first one. I ran 8:45 at the beginning of the month and 8:49 at the end. I tried to run a faster mile in December and ended up with 8:46. I’m consistent!
Here’s to more miles, scenery and fun runs in 2021!