It’s the last day of January, which means it’s time to wrap up my running for this first month of 2016.
- I ran 110.9 miles. I only did 16 runs in January, so this total was greatly increased by the fact that I did five long runs — a 10-miler, two 12-milers, a 15-miler, and today, a 17-miler.
- I’ve been training for the Shamrock Marathon. As noted above, I got in five long runs during January as part of my marathon training, along with other running. I’m hoping to add some speed work in February.
- My total was more than 100 miles. In order to make it to my 1,200-mile goal this year, I’ll have to run an average of 100 miles per month. Going over that in January gets me off to a good start!
- I did strength training twice. Since this was one of my goals for 2016, I definitely need to do more strength training. But I convinced myself to do Jillian Michaels’ “6-Week Six Pack” twice during January.
- I did a healthy eating/money saving challenge. See how that went in this blog post.
- I lost about 4 pounds. From the first day of the month to today, Jan. 31, I lost about 4 pounds. As I mentioned in my last blog post, my weight stayed somewhat stagnant during the month, but I’m glad that it decreased a little.
- I blogged more. This is my 11th blog post of January, which is quite possibly the most posts I’ve ever written in a month on this blog. I’m hoping to keep up the blogging momentum into February.
Check out past monthly reflections here.